Terms & Conditions
GovShare (GovShare.gov.au) provides a website facility to assist public sector entities share and reuse materials across agency and jurisdictional boundaries.
If you would like to use GovShare, you must agree to the following Terms and Conditions. We encourage you to familiarise yourself with these Terms and Conditions before using the GovShare website.
This is the full list of conditions that apply to your use of the GovShare website.
- General Conditions
- Obligations of Contributors
- Related Links
1. General Conditions
These conditions apply to your use of all parts of the GovShare website.
1.1 Application of these Terms and Conditions
The Digital Transformation Agency (DTA) manages the GovShare website and in using the GovShare website, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
1.2 Restriction or termination of access
The DTA reserves the right to restrict, suspend or terminate your access to all or any part of the GovShare website; and refuse, move or remove any of the materials that you have published on the GovShare website.
1.3 Variation of Terms and Conditions
The DTA may change the Terms and Conditions from time to time. The update information (appearing at the bottom of this page) indicates the date on which these Terms and Conditions were last amended. By publishing materials on this website, you are agreeing to be bound by any such amendments to the Terms and Conditions immediately upon a notification of the amended Terms and Conditions appearing on the GovShare website. Public sector entities authorised to upload materials to the GovShare website will also be notified of any amendments to the Terms and Conditions when they log in to the GovShare website.
1.4 Governing law and enforceability
Your use of the website is governed by the laws of the Australian Capital Territory, and any legal action relating to the GovShare website will be conducted in the jurisdiction of the courts of Australian Capital Territory or the Federal Court of Australia.
Any and all legal proceedings arising out of or in connection with the GovShare website shall be conducted in the Australian Capital Territory.
If any of these Terms and Conditions is held to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal for any reason, they shall be severed from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall continue in full force.
You agree to indemnify the DTA for any loss or damage to the DTA or any third party arising from your breach of these Terms and Conditions, any materials you publish on the GovShare website, and any negligence by you.
2. Obligations of Contributors
These conditions apply to any contributions you make to the GovShare website.
2.1 Your contributions
You are legally responsible for all materials you publish on the website and must:
- not impersonate any other person or falsely claim to represent any other person, whether living or dead, real or fictitious. Making false, misleading or deceptive representations that you are another person or character can amount to a criminal offence and give rise to civil liability;
- not publish, distribute, e-mail, transmit or disseminate any material which is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, indecent, offensive or inappropriate;
- not use any automated scripting tools or software;
- not engage in or promote any non-work related surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, unsolicited e-mailing or spamming via GovShare.gov.au;
- not upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available using GovShare.gov.au any material that you do not have a right to make available under any law or contractual obligation or which contains viruses, or other computer codes, files or programs designed to interrupt, limit or destroy the functionality of other computer software or hardware;
- not breach any applicable laws or regulations.
- not abuse, stalk, harass, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others;
- not make a contribution to the website that is misleading, deceptive, false, defamatory or libelous;
- not use insulting, threatening or provocative language or language that is hateful towards a certain group of people;
- not incite hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality, sexuality or other personal characteristic;
- not contribute material to the GovShare website that includes obscene or inappropriate language;
- not use the website to conduct any illegal activity or solicit the performance of any illegal activity;
- not contribute to the GovShare website any text or other material that infringes the intellectual property rights of others;
- not spam your contribution to the website by sending multiple copies or versions of it;
- not contribute material to the GovShare website that contains or links to any commercial advertising material;
- not include links to or internet addresses for commercial or private websites, or any email addresses, in your contribution;
- not use the GovShare website to invade the personal privacy of any other person or groups and not to include any personal information (such as names, private addresses or phone numbers), including your own;
- ensure your contributions to the GovShare website will be relevant to the themes currently being consulted on;
- Ownership of material published by an agency remains with the publishing agency; and
- It is the responsibility of the agency to keep appropriate records of material published to, or sourced from GovShare in line with the agency’s standard record keeping practices.
2.2 Security Statement
In using the GovShare website, you agree not to:
- tamper with other persons’ access to the GovShare website or commit unauthorised intrusion into any part of the website, including computers, files, accounts, networks and equipment;
- attempt to bypass the network firewall;
- use any part of the GovShare website for which you are not authorised or devise ways to circumvent security in order to access part of the GovShare website for which you are not authorised. This includes but is not limited to, scanning networks with the intent to breach and/or evaluate security, whether or not the intrusion results in access or not;
- attempt to misuse the GovShare website. This includes, but is not limited to, password cracking, social engineering (defrauding others into releasing their passwords), denial-of-service attacks, harmful and malicious destruction of data, injection of computer viruses, and intentional invasion of privacy.
3. Related Links
The Terms and Conditions include this webpage as well as the following notices on the GovShare website: